Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Eighteen Months

It's hard for me to believe that almost exactly two years ago, Travis and I were just finding out that we were pregnant. A couple of days later we found out it was twins. These last two years have been a whirlwind, to say the least. I look at the calendar today and it shocks me to see that Eli and Jude are 18 months old. It seems like they were just entering this world... but they've been here for a year and a half! I noticed earlier this week when they were both wearing "big boy jeans" with a snap and a zipper that they suddenly look like children. Where did my babies go?

It seems like their lives have been measured in numbers. 34 weeks pregnant. 14 days in the NICU. 24 teeth between two mouths. Hundreds of Bruises. Thousands of steps. Millions of smiles. Countless tears. Someone once told me that the days are long but the years are short. They were right.

Eli and Jude at 2 weeks old - leaving the NICU

No comments:

Post a Comment