Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Twinkie Madness!

Hello faithful blog-readers! Sorry to have not posted this week, I was planning to do a couple of posts but I was just too loopy from the pain meds to write anything coherent or worth reading. : )

For all who were curious, my surgery went very well. I am still recovering but the worst is over. Immediately after surgery, I did feel relief from the stabbing pain down my left leg that I've felt all day, every day for a couple of years. It has been very nice. Obviously, I am still in some pain but it's from the incision and also from my nerve recovering. I have some neuropathy (pins, needles, and numbness) in my left foot which is annoying more than painful, but the doctor says this is a normal symptom of the nerve healing. It should get slowly better and then go away in the next few weeks. The difficult parts are my restrictions - no lifting, bending, twisting, and sitting for more than an hour. I'm not the best patient, but I'm trying hard to follow my instructions and heal quickly.

Now for the fun stuff! Memorial day weekend was pretty low key for us. We went to a barbeque with friends on Monday and stayed for a couple of hours but I was having a hard time keeping up with Eli and Jude so we thought it would be best to head home early. We ended up having dinner at Plucker's Wing Bar and took their signature Fried Twinkies home for dessert. I thought for sure Eli and Jude would go to town on their halves (there's no way I would give them a full fried twinkie each, I don't think an ADULT even needs a full one) but they were pretty skeptical of them. I started taking a video of them while eating because I thought it would be hilarious to watch them try to scarf these delicious morsels down but little did I know that the REALLY good video would be the post-twinkie aftermath... See for yourself!



1 comment: