Thursday, July 29, 2010

Get Down With the Sickness

Travis is sick!  The reason I haven't updated since Monday is because I've been super busy taking care of two cranky toddlers while my poor sickie husband tries to recover.  He went to the doctor this morning because his fever has been absurdly high for the last couple of days (and he didn't want to go either but I made him, thank goodness!) and the diagnosis is either bronchitis or walking pneumonia.  Luckily, neither of those are contagious but the virus or infection that started the ball rolling likely is/was.  I'm just praying that Eli and Jude don't get sick because that would make for a REALLY cranky Mommy.

Naptimes are still a battle and I'm really not sure what we're going to do.  They get so angry when I put them down and they won't stay in their beds.  More often than not, they pass out on the floor in the middle of the room after yelling, banging on the door, and sticking their fingers under the door for half an hour.  But of course, just as I'm about to lose my resolve and hug them they calm down and go to sleep!  Seriously, toddler beds are so much more stressful than I ever imagined they would be.  Nobody sleeps and if they sleep, it's not in their beds!  I'm just trying to go with the flow and let them be kids but I am finding it very challenging.  I do not give up control easily.  But this is the plight of all Moms, I guess.

1 comment:

  1. I found you through Theta Moms. I'm sorry to hear that your husband is sick. Never any fun! I was browsing through your posts, and I'm really enjoying your blog. I'm a new follower!

    ReplyDelete