Sunday, May 9, 2010

Best Husband EVER!

First, let me say a great big Happy Mother's Day to all of the Mommies out there! I fully believe that without great Moms, the world would cease to function. And don't argue, you know it's true too.

Today has been a pretty low-key Mother's Day for us, which is how I like it. I slept in a little bit, Travis made me breakfast (cereal!) and we lounged around while Eli and Jude gave me their gift - a three hour nap - and now we just got back from a Japanese dinner with my mom and the rest of the family. Travis says he's going to make bananas foster for dessert - and I'm SO GLAD I taught him how to make it a few years ago for exactly this reason! - in a little bit but that's not what made this Mother's Day or my husband the best one out there. It was all about what happened yesterday.

Bright and early yesterday morning, we loaded up my Camry with stuff for the day and drove to San Marcos. Why? To get my new Honda Odyssey, of course! We bought a 2006 Odyssey EX that looks almost new inside for a fantastic price. I could go on and on about how awesome it is but I won't bore you with the specs. Most notably it has automatic doors, amazing safety features, a 6 disk CD changer in the dash, and room for 8 passengers... though that last seat is pretty small. We're already wondering how we survived without one for the last 16 months! Best of all, it is a gorgeous cornflower blue that doesn't seem to be very common. Can't wait for our first road trip in it, we'll be riding very comfortably! I'm also taking suggestions for names for our newest family member. : )

1 comment:

  1. congrats on your new addition! hope you had a great mother's day.

    ReplyDelete